With all the hype of the rugby world cup we would like to remind patients about the importance of mouth protection.
Sports such as hockey, martial arts and rugby can result in frequent blows to the front teeth. It is therefore very important that the appropriate mouth protection is worn.
A traumatic blow to an unprotected tooth could result in fracture of front teeth, loss of vitality and even loss of teeth. This can be very simply prevented by wearing a custom mouth guard.
The procedure involves taking impressions of your mouth and sending away the impression to a lab where a bespoke mouth guard can be constructed in any colour of your choice. It is very popular to have it made up in your team colours and you will be the envy of your team mates.
We are a family dental practice in the heart of Lenzie. We strive to provide excellent care to all ages. Our flexible opening hours which include late night opening on a Monday and early 8am starts on a Wednesday and a Friday, in addition to Saturday morning appointments provide excellent access to all our services and help you fit that around busy modern family life. All of our dentists take part in the NHS Childsmile scheme to improve the dental health of children.
We are currently accepting new families as patients, please feel free to pop in for a tour of the practice and ask questions.
We currently have 3 dentists Philip, Andrew and Paul and our hygienist Catriona in our clinical team. We provide all aspects of dentistry from routine check ups to more advance smile makeovers and Implants.
Philip Church the principal dentist has a keen interest in further education and training. He is a member of the Association of dental Implantologists and will be attending their annual congress this May. Staying a forefront of the latest developments is very important in the fast changing world of dentistry.
If you are interested in making an appointment please contact reception today 01417777511
We are today celebrating one year in our new location in the Queen’s Buildings on Kirkintilloch Road, Lenzie.
The dental practice has now been operating in Lenzie for over 30 years!
The past year has flown in, as you will have noticed the building has had a complete overhaul to accommodate the dental practice after years of operating as a restaurant. We have welcomed the addition of Andrew, Victoria and Heather to the team and many new patients.
We would like to thank all our new and existing patient’s for their continued support.
We hope to be here for many years to come and to continue to look after the dental health of you and your family.
Everyone at Millersneuk Dental Practice would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and happy New Year.
Our opening times over the festive period are:
- Tuesday 23rd December – Open as normal
- Wednesday 24th December – 8am – 1pm
- Thursday 25th December – Closed
- Friday 26th December – Closed
- Saturday 27th December – Closed
- Sunday 28th December – Closed
- Monday 29th December – Open as normal
- Tuesday 30th December -Open as normal
- Wednesday 31st December – 8am-1pm
- Thursday 1st January – Closed
- Friday 2nd January – Closed
- Saturday 3rd January – Open as normal
If you have a dental emergency please contact us at your earliest opportunity, alternatively phone NHS 24 on 111.
We have a couple of special offers for you to keep your teeth sparkling over the festive period.
Tooth Whitening: Get 1 arch whitened & receive the 2nd arch half price (saving £119)!
Having used and tried various methods of whitening over the years we have found using our bespoke hand crafted bleaching trays at home will get the best results. A simple consultation and impressions will get the process started with the bleaching trays ready in one week to start treatment.
Rapid Stain Removal – Airflow Polishing: Reduced to £15 (normally £25)
If you want your teeth to look the best they possibly can be you need to go for Airflow, a private polishing treatment that removes stains and polishes without the need to even touch your teeth. Airflow is very popular with smokers and coffee drinkers and works by using a special mix of Sodium Bicarbonate, water and pressurised air to blast off even the toughest of stains. Your mouth will feel squeaky clean and lemon fresh! Immediate results mean you leave the surgery with a beaming smile. It is usually combined with a visit to the hygienist for a scale and polish to ensure the best results.
To book your appointment and take advantage of these special offers, contact Millersneuk Dental Practice on (0141) 777-7511 or email email@example.com
We are often asked by people that they would like to improve the appearance of their teeth. Sometimes they are not sure on what options are out there.
A problem that some people face is having gaps between their teeth. This can be from having small teeth, congenitally absent teeth, or loss of teeth due to decay or trauma.
What treatment options are there for spaced teeth?
- Doing nothing is always an option – some people find a midline diastema an attractive feature.
- Orthodontics to close spaces. This is a popular option as we do not have to do any preparation to your teeth. We can close the spaces with clear or invisible braces. This is normally done in the teenage years but adult orthodontics is becoming more and more popular as patients realise they can have the straight teeth that they have always wanted with clear braces.
- Veneers. This involves placing a porcelain/ceramic ‘veneer’ over the front of teeth and can close small gaps between teeth and improve your smile at the same time. Very popular with film and tv stars.
- Composite. This is a white filling material that can be used to build up teeth to close small gaps between individual teeth.
- Crowns. These can be used in more severe cases of spaced teeth or people with small teeth looking to improve the size of their teeth.
Whatever your cosmetic worry please phone to book in with one of our experienced dentist for a consultation to discuss your options.
We are delighted to welcome Paul Buchanan-Smith to the practice. A graduate of Glasgow University, Paul has a keen interest in all areas of dentistry and has a fantastic chair-side manner. Outside dentistry, Paul is also an avid Mountain Biker and a budding racing driver.
Please contact Millersneuk if you would like to make an appointment with Paul.