Get Straight Teeth for a Beautiful Smile
If you’re looking at options for Invisalign treatment in Glasgow, you probably have a lot of questions. Our skilled Glasgow dentists have extensive Invisalign experience. We’re answering the most asked questions about Invisalign, from the procedure itself, to teeth straightening, clear aligners, aftercare and price.
To book a free Invisalign consultation, get in touch.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners are thin plastic trays that are shaped to your teeth and worn throughout the day and night. They are only taken out for eating and for drinking hot drinks. They are like invisible braces to help you get straighter teeth.
As you wear them, the aligners gradually move your teeth to their desired position, making them straighter and better aligned.
The great thing about Invisalign is that they are totally transparent. Most people will not know you’re wearing them unless you tell them.
Who is Invisalign treatment for?
Invisalign Glasgow can work well for a number of teeth imperfections, including:
• Crooked teeth
• Large gaps
Invisalign is also an effective treatment for people who have already had braces, but whose teeth have moved overtime.
They can be worn by adults and teens, with many adults opting for this treatment instead of traditional fixed, visible braces.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear alternative to braces. A modern tool to straighten your teeth with clear teeth aligners rather than metal braces. A cosmetic dentist will use an intra-oral scan in your mouth to get a full picture of the layout of your teeth and to create a clear mould to fit your teeth comfortably.
Our dental team will be on hand to discuss the ins and outs of Invisalign treatment at our Lenzie practice. You’ll get the opportunity to ask questions about the process, learn about your individual treatment plan and explore the benefits of Invisalign.
As they are custom-made, Invisalign clear aligners will gently and gradually shift your teeth into place.
Invisalign aligners are removable, giving you the flexibility to eat and drink as you like, simply by removing the aligners.
Invisalign also allows you to view a virtual demonstration of your new smile and treatment plan before you begin your treatment, so that you can make sure you’re happy with the expected results even before your treatment is complete.
- Invisible appearance – Invisalign teeth aligners are invisible! They are completely clear so they don’t detract from your face or smile. This is a great option for adults, teens, and young adults who want to live life without braces.
- Comfort – Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic making Invisalign much more comfortable than traditional metal braces. The clear algners are custom made to fit your teeth and mouth!
- Improved cleanliness – Invisalign is removable – when you are ready to brush and floss your teeth just remove the aligners, clean your teeth, then pop them back in. The teeth aligners can also be cleaned! It is important to have healthy teeth and gums while straightening your teeth so you will have to best smile possible at the end of treatment!
- Saves time – With Invisalign you will be able to spend less time at the dentist as they only need to be maintained every 6 weeks on average. Other teeth straightening options can take much more time and many more appointments.
- Safe and removable – Invisalign allows for a more comfortable experience in everyday life.
- Eat whatever food you want – Food restrictions are one of the worst parts about teeth straightening with many orthodontic options. However as the aligners can be removed, there are no complications with sticky or chewy food.
- Better dental health – Straight teeth are better for your gums and dental health. Eliminating crowding and gaps makes it easier to care for your teeth, and better dental health leads to better overall health.
- Beautiful straight teeth – The result speak for itself and Invisalign leads to beautifully straight teeth and a wonderful smile.
How do I get Invisalign and what is the process?
Your teeth will be assessed, and a custom treatment plan will be created for you. Using 3D scanning technology, you will be able to see a virtual impression of your brand-new smile.
You will then receive your first sets of clear aligners to be worn throughout the day and night. You will change these plastic trays every ten to fourteen days as your teeth move.
When your teeth have been moved to the correct position, a set of retainers will be fitted to keep your new smile in-tact.
Your Invisalign treatment begins with a consultation with one of our expert dentists.
We will assess your teeth using advanced 3D scanning technology. The scan will help to create a custom treatment plan specifically for you. You will also be able to see a virtual representation of your future smile.
You will then receive your first set of aligners to be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day, changing to a new set of aligners every ten to fourteen days. Each set of aligners will gently and gradually straighten your teeth.
Once your teeth have shifted into their correct position, you will be fitted with a set of clear retainers to give you a long-lasting smile.
Invisalign Glasgow treatment procedure
How long does Invisalign take?
The length of the treatment can vary, depending on your level of teeth misalignment. Generally, it takes between three to nine months to perfect your smile.
If you’re looking for Invisalign Glasgow, get in touch with us to discuss treatment and pricing options. Book a FREE video consultation today.
Should I get Invisalign?
Invisalign is suitable for adults and we would recommend booking in for a free consultation with a cosmetic dentist to check your suitability for this teeth straightening treatment.
The clear aligners are certainly the best alternative to braces and we can give you a timescale for your straighter teeth smile journey. In the practice, the dentist will perform a digital 3D scan of your teeth and many of our patients also choose teeth whitening services or composite bonding for their treatment journey.
Invisalign clear aligners are for both adults and teens who are looking for a virtually invisible solution to a better looking smile.
Invisalign can be used to treat most misalignments cases. They are usually used to treat mild and moderate misalignment or gapping issues, but they can also be used to correct significantly misaligned teeth.
The best way to tell if Invisalign is suitable for you is to speak to a dental professional. Our dentists will be able to assess your teeth and advise whether using Invisalign is the right approach.
Can I get Invisalign with Composite Bonding?
As part of your smile makeover, we would recommend combining Invisalign with some composite bonding treatment, in many cases. Composite bonding provides you with healthy, natural-looking teeth, indistinguishable from the real thing. You can opt to undergo composite bonding for the full set of teeth, or individual teeth only. Composite resin is a very thin material, matched to the colour of your teeth and then affixed permanently, disguising minor imperfections.
Following a 3D scan, the cosmetic dentist will issue with a series of new aligners, typically every four to six weeks. Once the teeth are almost perfectly aligned, the dentist may consider composite bonding by carefully colour matching the composite resin to the patient’s teeth, achieving a very natural effect.
Curious about Invisalign? Book a free video consultation today to discuss a treatment plan.